Spice up your Tuesday with this great enchiladas recipe. Let everyone help themselves to a couple of spicy rice and chicken enchiladas for a real Mexican feast.
Succulent strips of spiced chicken, cooked up with onions, fresh peppers and sweetcorn. Seasoned with spices and mixed with rice and mature chedder cheese, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla.
- 1 Old El Paso Original Enchilada Dinner Kit
- 450 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 450 ml hot vegetable stock
- 125 g easy cook long grain rice
- 150 g mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of corn oil
- A handful of freshly chopped coriander
- To get started, preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4 and lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan and stir-fry the chicken and onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the Original Enchilada Spice Mix with both sachets of the Tomato Sauce and 150ml hot water.
- Now throw in the peppers and sweetcorn and cover it up again to simmer for another 5 minutes. Once the chicken is tender and most of the mixture is absorbed, stir in half of the cheese and the fresh coriander.
- Warm up the Soft Corn Tortillas, following the instructions on the pack.
- Grab a tortilla and spoon over some of the rice and cheese mix in the centre. Roll it up and place the folded side down in an ovenproof dish. Repeat until you’re out of tortillas, and then smother them all in the leftover cheese sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Let everyone help themselves to a couple of rice and chicken enchiladas and eat with a fresh green salad, scattered with the rest of the grated cheese for a real Mexican feast.