- Great tasting
- Family seasoning mix
- Slow cooker friendly
- No added MSG
- No artificial colours or preservatives
Now Slow Cooker Friendly too! Follow the easy instructions on the sachet for melt-in-the-mouth tenderness.
Recipe - Serves 4
Cooking time - 1 hour
1 sachet Colman's Chicken Casserole Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 skinless chicken portions
2 medium onions, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
425ml cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 170°C fan assisted, Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and fry the chicken and onions for 3-4 minutes until browned. Place in an ovenproof casserole dish with the carrots.
3. Blend the contents of the sachet with the water and add to the casserole. Cover and cook for 1 hour, ensure chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4. Enjoy with baked potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
For Slow Cookers: Place the chicken, onions and carrots in the slow cooker and add sachet contents. Mix well, then stir in 350ml boiling water. Cover and cook on 'low' setting for 8-10 hours or 'high' setting for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. Slow cookers vary. Instructions are based on a 3 litre model.
Onion Powder (5.5%)
Tomato Powder (4%)
Herbs (Parsley, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram)
Barley Malt Extract
Lemon Juice Powder
Contains: wheat, barley. May contain: celery, eggs, milk, mustard, soya. Always check the packaging before use.