- Great tasting
- Family seasoning mix
- Slow cooker friendly
- No added MSG
- No artificial colours or preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians
Now Slow Cooker Friendly too! Follow the easy instructions on the sachet for melt-in-the-mouth tenderness.
Shopping List - Serves 4
Cooking time - 1 hour
1 sachet Colman's Sausage Casserole Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions, sliced
115g mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
300ml cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 170°C fan assisted, Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages until browned, add the onions and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until softened. Place in an ovenproof casserole dish with the mushrooms and pepper.
3. Blend the contents of the sachet with the water and add to the dish. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
4. Enjoy with creamy mashed potato and seasonal vegetables.
For Slow Cookers: Fry sausages and onion in 1 tbsp oil until browned. Place in slow cooker with mushrooms, pepper and sachet contents. Mix well, then stir in 300ml boiling water. Cover and cook on 'low' setting for 8-10 hours or 'high' setting for 4-6 hours. Slow cookers vary. Instructions are based on a 3 litre model.
WHEAT flour, tomato puree powder (20%) , corn starch, sugar, paprika (4.5%) , flavourings, salt, yeast extract, herbs (sage, parsley , marjoram), potassium chloride, pepper, lemon juice powder (sugar, lemon juice, salt) , nutmeg.  From sustainable agriculture.
Contains: wheat, cereals containing gluten. May contain: celery, eggs, milk, mustard, rye, soya. Always check the packaging before use.