Patak's Balti Spice Paste is a balanced blend of 11 spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic Indian curry flavour.
- Chilli rating - medium - 2
- Gluten free
- No artificial preservatives, colours, flavours
- Suitable for vegetarians
Lamb Balti Recipe
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
- Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Balti spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add 500g diced lamb, cook until sealed. Add 150ml water, simmer covered until the lamb is tender (approx. 30 minutes).
- Add 200g chopped tomatoes, 1 red and 1 green diced pepper and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.
Try crackling 1 tsp of cumin seeds in hot oil to release their sweet earthy flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Rapeseed Oil (20%)
Ground Spices (16%) [Cumin (3.5%), Paprika (3.5%), Turmeric, Coriander, Spices, Fennel]
Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid)
Cracked Black Pepper
Garlic Powder (0.5%)
Cracked Coriander Seed
Dried Crushed Red Chilli
Black Kalonji Seed
Died Coriander Leaf
Free From: gluten. May contain: mustard
||1147kJ / 277kcal
|of which saturates
|of which sugars