Patak's Madras Spice Paste has a balanced blend of 11 spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic flavour.
- Chilli rating - hot - 3
- Gluten free
- No artificial preservatives, colours or flavours
- Suitable for vegetarians
Beef Madras Recipe
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
- Add 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 tsp finely chopped garlic and 1/2 a jar of Patak's Madras spice paste, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 50ml of water, cook until the water has evaporated.
- Add 500g diced beef, cook until sealed. Add 150ml water, simmer covered until the beef is cooked (approx. 50 minutes).
- Add 200g chopped tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Season to taste, garnish with 1 tsp fresh chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan
Try crackling 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds in hot oil to release their sweet nutty flavour before adding the onion for that Indian home cooking experience.
Ground Spices (24%) [Coriander (7%), Paprika (4%), Cardamom, Cumin, Spices, Fenugreek, Black Pepper, Ginger]
Rapeseed Oil (18%)
Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid)
Dried Crushed Red Chilli (0.5%)
Black Mustard Seed
Free from: gluten. Contains: mustard. May contain: nuts, peanuts. Always check packaging before use.
||1154kJ / 279kcal
|of which saturates
|of which sugars